Running (and not only) - Week 16, 17, 18 and 19 - all February!Бег (и не только). Отчет - Неделя 16, 17, 18 и 19 - Февраль!


As always, I disappeared from the radar, and as always I had really important reasons (or excuses?) for doing so. And of course, I knew that these were just excuses and if I really wanted I could have written here. But I didn't. Well, that's the way it is. This post covers many many weeks. A month, or even one and a half? I lost the count! Oh….

During last month I sometimes ran once a week, then three times a week - and enjoyed it enormously. But after that for the last two weeks I haven't ran at all. Why?

Well, firstly, I had tonsillitis. It was almost like a hint from the Universe: "Lera, slow down!!". The thing is, there was half-term, and I was really busy with my child seeing very close and dear friends, travelling everywhere around London, returning home very late. All of which I supplemented with running, doing evening yoga, having ice-cold showers and sleeping with wide open windows at night. After staying in bed for one day with the temperature 39, I realised that it's impossible to be ill and have proper rest when you are alone with the toddler and his constant demands for water, apple, cartoons etc. So I ignored the universe's hint and started being active and sociable again (and it was actually easier than staying at home!)

Secondly, the universe saw me ignoring its message, and sent me her hint number 2. I fell off my bike. And not just fell somewhere in the place where nobody could see me. No, I fell in the middle of Borough Market on Saturday afternoon - the time, when this market is at it's busiest! With everybody witnessing my fall! How did it happen? When I wanted to get off the bike, my leg got stuck, I lost the balance and fell. And I could have fallen softly and gracefully, if not for one BUT. I had my child on the backseat. Instantly, my motherly instinct switched on, I stretched my arms, took the whole weight of my bike and my child, and fell with great sound on my knees. My tights got torn, and soaked with blood, I had a great shock, with hands and legs trembling. My child didn't even notice that something has happened. In this state, I cycled home with bags, carried everything (bike including) on my shoulders to the second floor, changed, and went out again.

It was an interesting state - I was in shock, but somehow my brain switched off - I felt like I was in the flow, with no tension or resistance to what is, without feeling like I need to be in a certain place at a certain time. Everything was happening naturally, without any effort on my part. I was very calm, and my child too - we had the most amazing time with lots of laughter and happy amazing moments with our friends in Stoke Newington, and life seemed happy and easy, regardless of me limping and having pain in my knees. It also felt like all the energy that is usually consumed by me thinking too much, or being in a hurry, or trying to do too many things that my mind created for myself was released and was giving me this great impulse to enjoy life, to see its beauty. To enjoy little simple moments that life has to offer.. I loved it. I was even grateful for the fall. Somehow.

The next day however was awful. I was in pain, could hardly move, and that day i DID stay in bed all day. :)

Obviously, with this injury I couldn't run. And I didn't run for one week. But I feel better now and am ready to start running again! :)))

I continued to do my morning exercises every day, however. Surya Namaskar and 5 Tibetan Rites. May be doing them helped me to recover more quickly from both tonsillitis and a knee injury. By the way, I have been doing my morning exercises every day for the last 8 months. And I can see how my body is changing. I am more flexible, stronger, and my mind is clearer. And it's just 15-20 minutes of exercises every morning! Which for me is a proof that it's consistency of exercising - 15 minutes, but every day, that makes a BIG difference to our bodies. And that it's better to exercise 15 minutes a day every day, than having a long and intensive session once a week. That's my observation anyway! :)Ну как всегда я пропала из поля зрения, и как всегда, на это были причины, много уважительных (и не очень) причин. И конечно, как всегда, я знаю, что можно было найти время написать, даже с этими причинами. Но почему-то не написала. Ну да ладно.

Этот отчет у меня за много-много недель. Мне кажется я даже сбилась со счета. За месяц, или даже полтора. Ух ты!

За это время - я то бегала раз в неделю, то три раза в неделю и чувствовала себя прекрасно, а потом последние две недели вообще не бегала. Почему?

Во-первых, заболела тонзиллитом. Это был первый намек от вселенной - "замедлись!". Дело в том, что у ребенка были каникулы и я ушла в безумную активность со встречами с друзьями, с дальними поездками, и с поздними возвращениями. Что не мешало мне бегать по вечерам, после бега делать йогу, а после йоги принимать контрастный душ и спать с открытыми настежь окнами. Полежав один день с температурой 39, я поняла, что болеть я не могу. Только я ложилась на диван, так сразу же приходилось вставать - то водичку пить ребенок хотел, то мультик другой включить, то одно, то другое, и я подумала, что уж лучше быть на улице и в действии, чем вот так вот - настраиваться на отдых, а вместо него подскакивать и делать разные задания..

Ну а во-вторых, вселенная, увидев, что я проигнорировала намек номер один, сделала так, что я грохнулась с велосипеда, и не просто грохнулась в безлюдном месте, а прямо посреди Borough Market, в субботний полдень, когда там народу - не протолкнуться, и мой позор видели все. И как я грохнулась? Когда хотела слезть с велосипеда, у меня зацепилась нога, и я не удержала равновесие и упала. И упала бы я мягко и грациозно, если бы не одно НО. Мой ребенок на заднем сидении. Мой материнский инстинкт сработал в мгновение, я раскинула руки назад, приняла на свою спину вес всего велосипеда и ребенка, и упала со всего размаха на колени. Колготки порвались, намокли в крови, а у меня случился шок - задрожали и ноги, и руки, и отключился ум. Мысли ушли. А может они и были, но я их не видела и не слышала. В таком состоянии я поехала с сумками домой, занесла сумки и велосипед на третий этаж, переоделась, и поехала дальше встречаться с друзьями. В шоковом состоянии. Хромая. Опять не послушала вселенских намеков. Просто плыла по течению. Весь оставшийся день я была спокойна, и как будто наблюдала за всем со стороны. Не нервничала, не переживала, а была в моменте. Не торопилась. Плыла в таком темпе и в те места, куда меня направляла жизнь. Без сопротивления, без напряжения. И что самое интересное, такое движение, несмотря на болезнь и травмы, придавало много сил. Как будто энергия, которая обычно уходит на спешку, раздражение, попытки быть в запланированном месте в запланированное время, освободилась и раскрылась во мне. Очень интересный опыт. Конечно, на следующий день я уже не смогла встать с дивана. Всё болело так, как будто меня били, я хромала, еле передвигалась по дому, и решила этот день действительно лежать на диване.

Ну и конечно, с травмой коленей я не бегала всю неделю. Но сейчас вроде стало лучше, и я опять начну! :)

Но Сурья Намаскар и 5 тибетцев я делала каждый день, без перебоя (ну кроме того воскресенья, когда я пластом лежала). Может, в какой-то мере, эта ежедневная зарядка помогла мне быстро оправиться.

И вот ещё - я уже 8 месяцев делаю утреннюю зарядку каждый день. И чувствую, насколько у меня увеличилась энергия, стало сильнее тело, ясный ум. Я стала намного более пластичная, крепкая, и делаю такие упражнения, которые мне с трудом удавалось делать в самом начале. И эта зарядка - всего 15-20 минут в день. Что ещё раз лично мне доказывает, что не длительные, интенсивные и изнуряющие тренировки раз в неделю имеют эффект, а упражнения на постоянной основе, короткие, но каждый день - капля и камень точит. Это очень верное высказывание!